Campbell River United Church Building Use Protocol
Ground Floor Area COVID 19 Safety Rules
The following rules shall govern the entry and use of the ground floor area
of the church building until further notice:
1. Access to the ground floor portion of the building shall be via the office
entry only. The Narthex doors shall remain locked.
2. Access to the area shall be limited to the church office, the minister’s
office, and the entry hallway. The Narthex, Sanctuary, and Frank Brown
Chapel shall be off limits to anyone other than the minister or the
3. Upon entry, hand sanitizing and entry log registration showing name,
phone number, and date of entry will be required. All persons entering
the building will be required to wear a mask.
4. The minister and the office administrator are encouraged to wear
masks but may choose not to do so when in their individual offices
without anyone else present.
5. Visits to the minister or the office administrator shall be by appointment
only. Appointments may be made by phoning the church office at
250-286-0431 or by email at [email protected] Visiting hours will be
limited to Mondays and Tuesdays between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
6. The minister and the office administrator will be responsible for
ensuring their office environments are sanitized before leaving the
building. This will include the cleaning of desk top, office equipment,
door handle, light switch, thermostat, and any other hard surface used,
including the handle of the hallway entry door.
7. For the purposes of checking security equipment, fire prevention
equipment and maintenance requirements, the maintenance manager
will have unlimited access to the building but will be required to wear a
mask when others are present.